- Aliens Act (301/2004, amendments up to 1158/2006 included) (clear and nicely written).
- The Finish transposition of Directive 2004/38/EC is effective from 30 April 2007 and is in the form of amendments to the Aliens Act. See press release
How well has the Directive been implemented?
- Compliance Study (Directive 2004/38/EC): Finland (PDF file from 2008)
- Table of correspondence for Directive 2004/38/EC: Finland (PDF file from 2008)
- Schengen Visa Rules and Border Entry for family of EU citizens
- Finish Police are responsible for issuing Residence Cards (Check category “Licences and permits for foreigners” and then under that “EU”). Finland seems to charge 40 euros for a Residence Card, which is allowed only if there is a similar charge for Finish citizens
- The right of family members of an EU citizen to reside in Finland