European Comission guide to free movement
- Real Decreto 240/2007, de 16 de febrero (Royal Decree 240/2007, of 16 February 2007 as updated in 2012), is the Spanish transposition of Directive 2004/38/EC . Direct link to copied PDF version of 240/2007 in Spanish.
- Directive 2004/38/EC in a parallel translation
How well has the Directive been implemented?
- Compliance Study (Directive 2004/38/EC): Spain (PDF file from 2008)
- Table of correspondence for Directive 2004/38/EC: Spain (PDF file from 2008)
- Schengen Visa Rules and Border Entry for family of EU citizens
- A number of people have reported problems with rude staff at the Spanish embassy in London not dealing properly and quickly with visas for family members of EU citizens. Often the third country family members are from South America. If you ever have any free movement problems which the embassy does not resolve to your satisfaction, please contact the EU’s Solvit
- European Union Citizens Status in Spain (this document is in English but is based on the older laws in effect in 2005)
- A slightly disorganized visa page linked to from the embassy in London
- http://www.spainexpat.com/ EU Residency in Spain for EU Citizens and Their Family Members