• Hungarian transposition of Directive 2004/38/EC: “Act No.1 2007 On the free entry and residence of persons entitled to free movement and residence within the EU” (Text of law in Hungarian (Doc format))

How well has the Directive been implemented?

Government Departments



  • stan  On October 4, 2007 at 16:04

    Brief overview of the changes in the legislation on foreigners’ entry and stay as regards issuance of visas as from 1 July 2007

  • andrejja  On July 17, 2009 at 04:36

    Hungary does not really give a … about this directive. They are not willing to give an entry visa to my husband who is from Nigeria, however he has a valid passport and we have the marriage certificate. They just simply say that they cannot accept the belgian marriage certificate. They are asking for a resident permit, which he does not have yet. I took the neccessary steps…

  • Abdur  On September 21, 2009 at 18:10

    I am having a EU Fam stamp 4, I applied a visit visa while my wife was Hungary, They did not give me the visa even they did not wanted to give me the reason, but they advise that I could visit without visa hungary If I carry the Stamp 4 Eufam card?

    any one has any comment about that?

  • Shabbir  On December 4, 2012 at 10:50

    I am from India and a family member of EU citizen (Hungary) .
    We now moved to germany . I have a residence and work permit from Germany and hungary.
    I lost my job in germany after working for 3 months and now the conserned department in germany wants to know if i have Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung (certificate of free movement for EU ) from gemany .
    I want to know how can i get that and where can i get it .
    I live in stuttgart in germany now .
    Thanks in advance

    • EU free movement  On December 5, 2012 at 07:23

      It does not matter if the non-eu family member is working. What is important is that the eu citizen is either working or is considered self sufficient

  • Shabbir  On December 5, 2012 at 08:02

    Yes my EU spouse is working in germany and is self sufficient and i was working too in germany and i have a health insurance and retirement benefit too in germany ..

    • EU free movement  On December 5, 2012 at 08:13

      You right to stay does not depend on you working or not. Of your spouse works that is all that matters.

      If you do not have one you should apply for a Residence Card

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: