How well has the Directive been implemented?
- Compliance Study (Directive 2004/38/EC): Malta (PDF file from 2008)
- Table of correspondence for Directive 2004/38/EC: Malta (PDF file from 2008)
Details from government agencies
- Getting a Residence Card. Note that as of May 1, 2011, Malta has been in the EU for 7 years, and some of the transitional arrangements described have ended.
- If you have a Residence Card (for a family member of an EU/EEA citizen) issued by another EU member state, then you do not need a visa for entry to Malta.
- Schengen Visa Rules and Border Entry for family of EU citizens