- Romanian Authority for Foreign Citizens (AFC) is responsible for implementing Government Emergency Ordinance 102/2005 (unofficial English translation) with effect from January 2007. This appears to be the Romanian implementation of Directive 2004/38/EC. Comments on the transposition are at the law firm FDBL
- Other Romanian laws of relevance to EU citizens
How well has the Directive been implemented?
- Compliance Study (Directive 2004/38/EC): Romania (PDF file from 2008)
- Table of correspondence for Directive 2004/38/EC: Romania (PDF file from 2008)
- Schengen Visa Rules and Border Entry for family of EU citizens. “Bulgaria, Cyprus and Romania do not yet implement the Schengen acquis in full.”
- It appears that Romanian citizenship by decent is quite common. See http://www.romanianpassport.co.il/english/ for a clear explanation