European Comission guide to free movement


  • Council Directive 2004/38/EC was implemented in Dutch legislation on 30 April 2006 with the introduction of the amended Vw 2000 and the amended Vb 2000168.  Rules for practical implementation were included in the Vc 2000169.   (A detailed description of the logic behind the Netherlands transposition can be read here)
  • Directive 2004/38/EC in a parallel translation

How well has the Directive been implemented?


Government departments

  • This is the government department which deals with immigration issues. Their web site is pretty but very disorganized and hard to navigate
  • If you have any difficulties with IND, they encourage you to complain.  I have written some suggestions complaining effectively

Online resources



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: